Monday, April 8, 2013

One Year

One year ago today, I lost the most important person in my life. I can say that now without reservation...the more time has passed, the more I realize how much my father influenced and shaped who I am. It doesn't feel like it's been a year...logically, when I recount how much has happened it actually is one of the busier years in recent memory, but it in no way feels like it's been a year since I heard my father's voice, saw the twinkle in his eyes, or felt his hand reassuringly on mine. At first, I attributed that to the turmoil of so much change all at once in my life, forcing me to adapt to a day-by-day lifestyle. But the more I think about it, the more it seems that, while this is one possible explanation, that it's more about the strength of my father as a person and of our relationship. That kind of love and support does not just disappear with the person's physical being and I can truly say that I have felt that from him throughout this year. It still feels like he's with me, which sometimes means that it's harder to cope with the fact that he is no longer here...but, ultimately, I would rather have that and always be able to remember the incredible person he was and how much he did for me. I love you Dad and I will continue to miss and love you every day.




No comments:

Post a Comment