Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Leonore Annenberg Fellowship Fund for the Performing and Visual Arts

Photo by Alexandra DeFurio

I am incredibly stunned and honored to be awarded a two-year career grant from the Leonore Annenberg Fellowship Fund for the Performing and Visual Arts, which seeks to make "focused and substantial investments in a limited number of exceptionally talented young dancers, musicians, actors and visual artists as they complete their training and begin their professional life." I was nominated for the grant by the Perlman Music Program, which is one of the arts organizations the Fellowship Fund partners with. My award, which includes $50,000 a year for two years, will go towards the recording and production of a debut CD (including a newly commissioned work by an American composer), the development of educational outreach programs with a psychologist, and a recital tour of the recorded repertoire throughout the United States, implementing the educational outreach programs along the way. 

I never would have thought these artistic ventures to be possible at this point in my career and I am so grateful to receive an award that allows me to focus on my artistic development in such a special way. I'm so grateful to the Perlman Music Program for the nomination, as well as to the Leonore Annenberg Fellowship Fund for choosing me as one of its recipients. 

For press coverage, check out the New York Times announcement, as well as the Philadelphia Inquirer piece and the Philadelphia Daily News feature.

On a personal note, the news was publicly announced today, the anniversary of my Father's passing. I'm so grateful for the love and support my Father gave me; he believed in me before I knew how to believe in myself, and I think that, wherever he is, he must be beaming with joy.

Until next time,
Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment