Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Belated Valentine's DIY

This post is a couple of days late, as I spent the majority of Valentine's day on a plane traveling from Philadelphia to Los Angeles. Today also marks my parents' anniversary, so a post on a sweet gift idea is definitely still appropriate!

In favor of a gift that is not mass-marketed, I found inspiration on Pinterest for a personal and creative DIY project. In our three years together, my boyfriend and I have been lucky enough to travel to some beautiful places. After finding maps of California, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Italy, and Romania, I stitched our travel routes with red thread and framed the compilation.



Working on the Romania map [note the down comforter--this
was definitely a project that kept my mind off of being sick!]


The finished product



What can I say, I'm a sentimental romantic at heart. Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Until next time,
Francesca

No comments:

Post a Comment