Monday, February 13, 2012

My first post!

Hello and welcome to my first blog post! As mentioned here, my name is Francesca dePasquale and I am a classical violinist. I am currently twenty-two years old and an undergraduate student at The Colburn School Conservatory of Music in Los Angeles, California. As a musician, I am committed to balancing the realization of compositions with my own personality and interpretations. By documenting my growth as a musician as well as my other interests, this blog will reflect who I am as a person, violinist, and musician.

Unfortunately, for the last few weeks I have not been able to focus on practicing and performing as much as I would like to. A particularly bad case of the flu turned into pneumonia, which means I have been spending most of my time resting and trying to recover. For better or for worse, this much down time means that my brain has been working overtime thinking of blog-worthy topics and ideas for my new website! Some things to look forward to:

  • A post on my amazing experience at The Perlman Music Program Sarasota Winter Residency
  • A post featuring my favorite cupcake recipe. I have come to love baking as a way to unwind and bring people together, not to mention the fact that I have a pretty big sweet tooth and how much fun it is to come up with different flavor combinations!
  • A post on a personal Valentine's Day DIY project
  • A post sharing my experience with playing-related injury and my recovery
  • A post on the incredible photographer Alexandra DeFurio
  • And finally...a post introducing you to these guys:


    I'm looking forward to sharing with you and thank you for stopping by!

    Until next time,
    Francesca

    No comments:

    Post a Comment